1 Cup - Wheat Rava (Semolina)
1 Tbsp - Cooking oil
1 Tsp - Mustard seeds
1 Tsp - Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp - Ginger (grated)
4 Nos - Green chillies (chopped)
1 No - Onions (chopped)
Salt to taste
3/4 Cup - Peas, (Can use chopped carrots, eggplant, potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes as well)
1/4 Cup - Grated coconut
2 Tbsp - Corriander leaves (chopped)
2 tsp - Lemon juice
Cooking Instructions :
- Dry-roast rava until it just begins to turn brown, then keep aside.
- In a large saucepan/wok, heat the cooking oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to sputter. Then add cumin, ginger, green chillies and chopped onions and fry until onions caramelise.
- Add vegetables, salt and 1.5 cups of water, and bring to boil.
- Add the roasted rava, turn down the heat, and mix quickly to avoid lumps forming.
- The upma is done when all the water is absorbed by the rava.
- Garnish with grated coconut, chopped cilantro leaves and lemon juice.