1/2 kg - Green beans, chopped
1/2 tsp - Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 Spring - Curry leaves
2 tsp - Tamarind juice
1 tsp - Jaggery, grated
1/2 cup - Coconut grated
4 Nos - Green chillies
1/2 tsp - Asafoetida (Hing)
1 tbsp - Coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp - Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp - Bengal gram dal/Chana dal
1 tsp - Sesame seeds (til)
1 tbs - Oil
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- In a pan, dry roast the cumin/jeera, bengal gram dal/chana dal, sesame seeds/til until light brown.
- Grind with coconut, green chillies, asafoetida, coriander and little water to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a suce pan, add mustard seeds, let it splutter then add chopped beans, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Add water and bring it to boil of cook till the beans turn soft.
- Then add the ground paste, tamarind juice, jaggery and salt.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes till the gojju thickens.
- Serve hot with chapatis, rotis/Indian flat bread or plain rice.